Sunday, December 31, 2006

Searching Sunny Seattle for Safe and Secure Surroundings

So the latest chapter of travelling the globe has closed, and I am back within the confines of Seattle. I find myself in a bit of a tumble right now, as I need to sort out some housing, but can't decide on exactly what I want now that I am here. I was pretty set on renting a house if possible prior to landing yesterday, but after several hours of searching online for properties, I have discovered that there are few availible, and even less in areas I would wish to live.

So I am presented with a quandry: apartment or home. If I choose the home route, as I was previously inclined to do, I will have to move much farther north than I had anticipated. Northerly position is a relative factor, as most of what I like to do for fun and exercise on nights and weekends is around downtown Seattle, but my office is 25 miles north of Seattle. It means that I would spend half my week driving to something.

Also, with the relative costs involved, I would more likely save money if i chose the apartment route. Most of the homes I am looking at are renting for $1250-$1500/mo, but apartments could be had for $1000. the difference might not sound like a lot, but over the course of year will add up to something worth paying attention to.

It's not something that has to be sorted out today, however. I have lodging arranged for the next two weeks, and can spend a few days searching and viewing places before I attempt to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home