Monday, November 13, 2006

Fait Accompli

15 days and 160hrs of work later, my last big push is complete, and I am officially done in Australia. I did not manage to finish every last detail, but I did get the bulk of it done, and hand off the rest. The two project managers who are both now here in Oz are happy with how I have left things, so I'm leaving with almost no guilt.

I will miss certain aspects of being here. One of the significant differences between this trip and my time in England is that I made some good friends here, whom I will miss. But, as they say, you never know what tomorrow may bring, so I will look forward to meeting them again, wherever we may be in the world.

I will also miss living on the beach, as I did. Waking up to the sun streaming in the windows, sleeping to the sound of the surf crashing on the shore, and riding to work along the beach.

I don't know when I will next see my friends from the US, or my friends here. There is already talk of me returning to Melbourne some time next year, around April, but much water must flow under the bridge between now and then.

So take heart, gentle readers, that though it did try hard, Australia did not kill me or cause me any permanent harm. My next post will come to you from the sandy shores of Maui, where I will swing gently in the breeze in my hammock, and catch up on a lot of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home