Thursday, September 21, 2006

Progress, with 7 weeks remaining

Hard to believe i've been here for 4 weeks already, and have only 7 left before I get out of Australia. Time does fly.

So I now have both of my major tools standing, and by next Friday, both will be operational. With a little luck, I will have one of the two completely finished at this point, or at least as complete as I can have it with the parts I have on site. The second tool is currently holding a test flap, and the robot programmers are busy working with it, so I have left it for the moment. But I will return to it a week Monday, to add the remaining details yet outstanding.

This will leave me with about 4 weeks to finish the last section of the stuff I need to install. The parts are ordered, and when they arrive, I will be able to install them. The other advantage in this area is that the parts I need to install are 12 versions of a very similar design, and I have two complete sets already here. So I can show others how to install the parts, and if I have to leave before everything arrives, it will not lead to disaster. Maui is under no threat.

Now all I have to do is find a place to live when i'm in paradise. And it better be good because, though it's still quite a ways off, friends of mine who have lived there in the past are already offering even money odds that once i'm there i won't ever leave. We shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home